Answer - “As competition has grown more robust year after year in the property management and real estate industry, it is more imperative than ever for companies to invest in HOA technology to streamline operations and how they provide a superior resident experience,” said FirstService Residential, president, Michael Mendillo. “As an industry, we are only scratching the surface when it comes to how software and tech can provide innovative solutions to facilitate management challenges; but as the leader in the industry, we have identified a few critical challenges that HOA operational software can solve.
As an industry, some challenges we frequently observe are:
• Shortfalls in billing/collection processes and operations.
• Obstacles around speeding up the resolution of resident issues.
• As a result of “The Great Resignation”, having limited associates to meet the need (ie: freeing up administrative tasks so community and portfolio managers can spend the bulk of their time focusing on meeting resident expectations and enhancing the resident experience).
• Lagtimes and areas of opportunity around resident communications.
• Ease-of-use around amenity scheduling.
• Storing sensitive historical association and resident data and reporting safely and securely.
How specifically do residents benefit?
Answer - “Automating certain processes and making it easier to get community management tasks done are all vital aspects of making associations successful. Better communication and quick turnarounds on homeowner requests all help bring the community together -- and the right tech is a vehicle to make this happen,” comments FirstService Residential, Senior VP, Operations, Scott Bresnick. “There are endless ways that residents can benefit from a management company that innovates and implements HOA tech, but here are a few.”
HOA operational software enhances the resident experience by streamlining the way management companies deliver customer service, amenity scheduling and more.
“For example, through FirstService Residential’s ConnectTM – the company’s proprietary tech solution – managers can instantly deliver resident communications, provide solutions to resident inquiries, track HOA due payments to facilitate billing, and run reports all in one place to ensure timely communication and transparent financials. The tool allows residents to have 24/7/365 access to customer support at their fingertips.”
“Between the support tickets we receive through ConnectTM and the calls we receive to our Customer Care Center (the company’s multilingual 24/7 call center) we’re able to assist residents in a matter of seconds. On average, we receive and resolve approximately 2,800 - 4,100 daily resident calls across North America. Of these, approximately 5,700 - 6,100 calls a month are resident emergencies that need immediate resolution, providing a powerful tool for our most important mission; keeping our residents safe.”